It is early Monday morning, something like past midnight and I have to go to work in a few hours. I just got off the phone with one of my friends from NCR as I learned some sad news today, that we lost another dear friend from a heart attack. May he RIP.
With that said, before I start writing this post, I’d like to say how blessed I am to be here and so consequently decided to title this post exactly that, “Another year: BLESSED”.
This is my birthday post and as much as I’d love to get into details, it will be very long. So, I will give you the Cliff Notes version of how I celebrated this year, birthday-week style.
1) 4/25 (Sat) – My mom & sister threw me a birthday party at the house and it was just so perfect. I haven’t actually had a party thrown for me in many, many, years. As much as I love small-doses of attention, i’m actually not a big “in the spotlight” kind of person. I’ve never really had big parties for birthdays or anything like that. This year, I wanted to do something different and actually send invitations out and cater food and all that jazz for a get together. I had my party at home because I wanted everyone to be there; my mom, my sister, my niece & nephew, our friends with kids, and also my friends without kids. That way we can all just hang out at home and not have to worry about going to a “no kids allowed” place etc. I think my party had a pretty good turnout. Everyone I invited showed up and the last guest left around 2 or 3 AM. 🙂 It was a grand time; Wonderful food & even better company.
2) 4/27 (Mon) – After my weekend festivities, my friend and I went to watch “Death Cab for Cutie” in concert at the Fox Theater. It was a great time. Definitely hipster central..but who said I wasn’t one? Lol. J/K.
3) 4/29 (Wed) – HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! Showed up to work and was surprised with awesome balloons tied up to my chair and a bday card from the team. Oh, AND cake! 🙂 Since we had a big do that Saturday, my fam took me to The Cheesecake Factory for birthday dins and not to forget.. I went to my first ever HOA meeting that evening before dinner. *Feeling old*
4) 4/30 (Thurs) – Went to work as per usual and met up with my friend for Aerials Silks class at AK. After we tumbled, flipped & hung around on silks for about an hour, we headed to Bartaco for some noms. Two of my other friends showed up too, so that was nice!
5) 5/1 (Fri) – Didn’t go out to town that night. Felt so lazy.. but we went to karaoke instead. 🙂
Can’t believe I didn’t take any pics. Wow.
6) 5/2 (Sat) – Volunteered in the AM followed by brunch in the sun. Totally came back home after that and laid out in the back yard. Yes!
7) 5/3 (Sun) – Babysat my nephew and met up with the rest of the clan at the Avalon. Love that place!
Seriously though, I definitely feel “older” now but instead of stressing out about age, I really am at a good place right now. You know when people say that they have no complains? Well, that’s pretty much me too.
To all those that wished me a Happy Birthday, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH YOU GUYS ROCK!!